International Business Planning and Transactions
Our practice includes consulting with foreign clients prior to establishing a business or investing in the United States, as well as to assist American and foreign clients involved in international business transactions.
Our extensive expertise ranges from working on public government bids processes, international commercial transactions and joint ventures, and establishing domestic or foreign branches, to establishing sales operations, obtaining licenses, distribution contracts, financing, foreign representation and business relationships, energy projects, and dispute resolution.
We also work on matters related to environmental laws and regulations, and the standards that affect the clients’ foreign operations.
The services included in this practice area are, among others, the following:
- Serving as outside General Counsel to businesses or other legal entities
- Formation of Corporations and LLCs in the U.S., and in Other Major International Financial Centers
- Corporate and Family Governance
- Business Continuation and Succession; Due Diligence
- Real Estate Transfers in the U.S. and Mexico
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Trademark and Copyright Prosecution
- Start-Ups, Joint Ventures, Subsidiary Operations, Franchise Agreements